Ycademy Online Seminar February 2016
Android Apps: City Guides
After the Recipe App and the WordPress related App, the February Seminar will guide us through more Android Features by setting up 2 Apps:
A cutting edge of technology App for Tourists or Locals featuring namely:
- Support for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3) and newer
- Developed with Android Studio & Gradle
- Material design following Android Design Guidelines
- Eight color themes (blue, brown, carrot, gray, green, indigo, red, yellow)
- Animations and effects
- Animated action bar
- Animated floating action button
- Parallax scrolling effect
- Quick return effect
- Ripple effect
- Navigation drawer menu with categories
- List of POI
- Sort POI by distance or by alphabet if location is unknown
- Search for POI with suggestion
- Favorite spots
- Interactive map with clickable spots
- Map layers (normal, satellite, hybrid, terrain)
- Clustering map markers
- POI detail screen (info, map, description)
- Static map image
- Navigate to the spot
- Share POI
- Open web link of the POI
- Phone call and e-mail intents
- Current distance to the POI
- Support for metric and imperial units
- About dialog
- Rate app on Google Play
- Data (categories, POI) is stored in local SQLite database
- Images can be loaded from the Internet or locally
- Caching images
- App works in offline mode
- Runtime permissions
- Google Analytics
- Responsive design and tablet support (portrait, landscape, handling orientation change)
- Support for high-resolution displays (xxxhdpi)
- Multi-language support
- Possibility to build the project without Android Studio / Eclipse (using Gradle & Android SDK)
- Easy configuration
- Well documented
- Top quality clean code
Why you should build a City App?
Apps are like websites, in as much as they allow to occupy space. Be the first to create an City Guide App or Directory for your town or city.
Also, by building the app we will learn about important features of the Mobile World, such as POI, mapping, interactivity and so on.
Why is it a relatively simple affair?
Because we can create the app based on a high quality template using online and offline content.
As usual, Saturday and Sunday 27/28 of February, 2016 from 1 pm (London time) till 9 pm.
Tickets and Discounts
Please get your tickets from here below and use the code provided by Bianca as the case may be.